Only when we take care of ourselves can we truly be there for others. By establishing self-care and nurturing practices we are able to set an example of healthy living as well as provide care for those who need us.
The following 10 ideas are a small start to the vast array of self-care practices that you can offer yourself. Begin with a few of these and notice how your mood and outlook shifts.
3. Restorative Yoga Postures
4. Reading spiritual texts (Yoga Sutras of Patanjali)
6. A few hours of silence
7. Walk in nature
8. List at least 10 things you are grateful for
9. List at least 10 things that make you smile
10. Smile at yourself in the mirror and say ‘I love and appreciate you’